Serve the souvlaki in pita bread halves with lettuce, tomato, and tzatziki sauce. This recipe freezes well in the marinade. Just divide the recipe into meal sized portions and freeze, but do not try to defrost in the microwave.
4 boned and skinned chicken breast halves
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 lemon’s juice
1. Cut chicken breasts into 1 1/2″ chunks and place in a large zip top bag.
2. Add oregano, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper; toss to coat.
3. Squeeze the lemon juice and then add an equal amount of vegetable oil. Add this mixture to the chicken and toss to evenly coat.
4. Marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes or overnight.
5. If using wooden skewers, soak the skewers in water while the chicken is marinating.
6. Skewer the chicken and let stand at room temperature while preparing the grill with a two layer fire.
7. Grill the chicken on indirect heat for 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Move the skewers to direct heat and cook 2 minutes longer to lightly brown.