This one-pot pasta dinner is simple, fresh, and healthy. Cooking the pasta right in the sauce saves time and cleanup while infusing the noodles with more flavor.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion, sliced stem to root
4 ounces crimini mushrooms, sliced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 14.5-oz can petite diced tomatoes
1 cup unsalted chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
4 ounces whole-grain pasta
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 ounces fresh spinach
1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat.
2. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until onion starts to brown.
3. Add tomatoes with their juice, stock, and oregano. Bring to a boil. Add noodles and stir to submerge in liquid.
4. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until pasta is almost done.
5. Uncover and stir in salt. Add spinach in batches, stirring until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.