An easy way to use up the very last tidbits of a baked ham.
12 large fresh mushroom caps
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup baked ham, finely diced
1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs, Italian seasoned
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Clean mushroom caps by brushing with a slightly damp paper towel, removing stems, and arrange stem side up on a dinner plate.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and black pepper. With a dinner fork, mix very well until creamy. Stir in the green onion and then the diced ham until evenly combined. Divide the ham mixture among the mushroom caps.
4. In a small bowl or custard cup, stir together the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and the Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
5. In a pie plate or similar shallow baking dish, pour the oil and tilt to spread across the bottom.
6. One at a time, invert the mushroom caps, filling side down into the breadcrumbs. Rotate the mushrooms with gentle pressure to form a crust. Arrange crust side up in the pie plate. Bake for 20 to 25 or until golden brown.