Who knew healthy could taste so good? Each serving of 3 Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms boasts 13.5 grams of protein and 3.5 grams of fiber for only 210 calories.
12 large mushroom caps, cleaned
1 slice whole wheat bread
2 oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
4 oz Neufchatel cheese, softened
2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
2 oz roasted red peppers, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly spray a pie plate with olive oil spray. Place mushroom caps upside down in the pan and spray with olive oil. Flip caps right side up.
2. Place the slice of bread, torn into eighths in a food processor along with 1/4 of the Parmesan cheese. Process into fine crumbs and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the neufchatel cheese, mayo, and remaining Parmesan until smooth. Stir in the spinach and red bell peppers.
4. Divide this mixture evenly between the prepared mushroom caps and top with the reserved bread crumbs, pressing lightly to adhere.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the bread crumbs are golden.