Tender cubes of steak are bathed in a flavorful Asian style sauce. I normally serve over hot brown rice, but you can use noodles, if you prefer.
8 oz New York strip steak, 1/2″ thick, trimmed
1 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 cups small cauliflower florets
1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut in 1″ pieces
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp sugar
1 cup beef broth
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1 cup hot cooked brown rice
1. Cut the trimmed steak into 1/2″ cubes.
2. In a large skillet, brown the meat in butter. Add the cauliflower, bell pepper, soy sauce, and garlic and stir lightly to coat the vegetables with soy sauce.
3. Cover the pan and simmer until the vegetables are barely tender.
4. In a small bowl, blend the cornstarch. sugar, and broth. Add to the meat mixture along with the green onions. Cook, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated and the sauce has thickened.
5. Serve over hot brown rice.