These are so quick and tasty–you can use strips of boneless chicken breast instead of the beef.
3/4 lb top sirloin steak
2 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs lime juice
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 large onion
2 small bell peppers
8 large flour tortillas
1. In a bowl, mix together 1 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, hot pepper flakes, black pepper & salt Divide between two zip top bags.
2. Slice the steak into thin strips and add to one of the bags of the marinade; toss to coat. Set aside for 30 minutes or refrigerate for up to 24 hours Cut onions in half lengthwise and slice into strips, cut your peppers into strips and add to the other bag.
3. In large non stick skillet over medium high heat, heat remaining tablespoons of olive oil.
4. Add onions & peppers stirring for 3-4 minutes, until softened; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
5. Add beef to skillet, cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until they lose their red color.
6. Return onions and peppers to skillet; stir for about one minute.
7. To serve, spoon a portion of the beef mixture down the center of each tortilla, top with your desired toppings , fold bottom of tortilla up over filling, fold the sides in, overlapping.