I first sampled this banana bread at a baby shower for my good friend Carol’s soon to come grandson.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
2 sticks butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 extra large eggs
2 cups bananas, mashed (about 6 medium)
1. Preheat the oven to 325°. Coat a bundt pan well with non-stick spray.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Toss in the nuts, make a well in the center, and set aside.
3. In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until just combined. Stir in the mashed bananas.
4. Fold the banana mixture into the flour, then transfer to the bundt pan.
5. Bake the banana bread for one hour, or until a tooth pick pulls out with a few moist crumbs.
6. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a plate.