This recipe was originally written to use butter. I substituted non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt. Just for fun, I baked a loaf of the original butter recipe and one with yogurt. Without saying which was which, I asked Michael to taste them both and tell me which he like better. He chose the yogurt version, and he doesn’t like yogurt.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 5 oz cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
2 extra large eggs
1 tsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Toss in the blueberries and set aside,
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined. Add to the flour mixture, stirring just until blended.
3. Lightly grease a loaf pan. Pour in the batter and smooth the top.
4. Bake at 350° for one hour or until a long wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove the bread from the pan to the rack. Cool completely before cutting.