One of the Mexican restaurants we frequent serves their refried beans in fried tortilla bowls. I came up with healthier copy cats that are baked. You will need oven-safe custard cups to prepare these.
2 6 inch flour tortillas
1 tsp butter, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Spread the tortillas on both sides with the softened butter.
3. Place oven-safe custard cups on a baking sheet and drape each tortilla over a custard cup. Fit a second custard cup over each tortilla to hold it in place.
4. Bake the tortillas until golden.
5. Immediately remove the tortilla bowls from the custard cups and gently press the bottoms down to flatten.
6. Serve warm filled with beans or rice or cool for lettuce, quacamole, or such.