These fluffy rolls go perfectly with any meal. They have a delicious homemade flavor that’s irresistible. I like them because they’re not hard to make and they bake up nice and high
2 cups water
1 cup quick-cooking oats
3 Tbsp butter
1 1/4 oz package active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp sugar
1-1/2 tsp salt
4-3/4 to 5 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; add oats and butter. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; cool to lukewarm.
2. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oat mixture, sugars, salt and 4 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
3. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
4. Punch dough down; allow to rest for 10 minutes. Shape into 18 balls. Place in two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
5. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.