These little gems are perfect as a breakfast or snack bite size treat.
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
2/3 cup milk, 2% low fat
1 large egg, beaten slightly
3/4 tsp almond extract
1/4 cup raspberry jam
1/4 cup powdered sugar, for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a 2 qt bowl.
3. Melt butter and cool slightly. mix butter, milk, egg, and almond extract. Stir into dry ingredients until well combined.
4. Spray mini-muffin pans with vegetable oil spray, and fill.
5. Press 1/2 teaspoon of jam into top of each muffin. Gently fold batter over most of preserves.
6. Bake 12 – 14 minutes or until a light golden brown.
7. Let cool 5 minutes, then carefully remove. Dust with powdered sugar.