A good food processor makes preparing this crust no work at all. To prevent a soggy pizza, pre-bake the crust a few minutes, then flip it over before adding the sauce.
1 pkg active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
1 tsp sugar
2/3 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
1 2/3 cups white whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp olive oil, divided plus more to coat dough
1 tsp kosher salt
1. Place a pizza stone or baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven while it pre-heats to 425°.
2. In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand 5 minutes, or until foamy.
3. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, olive oil, and salt. With the machine running, pour the yeast mixture slowly through the feed tube. Process until the dough forms a ball, then process to knead for 30 seconds more. If the dough doesn’t form a ball, add a little more warm water.
4. Coat the dough with more olive oil and transfer to a large bowl or zip-top bag. Cover tightly and let rise 45 minutes.
5. On a lightly floured surface, punch the dough down and form the crust. Transfer to the hot pizza stone or baking sheet.
6. Bake 3 minutes, then remove from the oven. Invert the crust onto a clean surface and top as desired, then continue baking.