For a quick morning start combine the wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately the night before, refrigerating the wet. This coffee cake is good warm or at room temperature.
1 extra large egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp turbinado sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly butter a 9 inch spring form pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the egg, milk, yogurt, and oil.
3. In another bowl whisk together both flours, baking powder, salt and sugar.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture just until the dry ingredients are moistened. The batter will be lumpy.
5. Toss 1 1/4 cups of the blueberries in 1 Tbsp. of flour and gently fold into the batter.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared 9-inch spring form pan and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup blueberries.
7. Stir together the turbinado (raw) sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter.
8. Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Cool in the pan on a wire rack 15 minutes, then remove the sides of pan to cut into 12 wedges.