Bacon, fresh spinach, onions and Cheddar mixed with frozen biscuits give this dish a lot of flavor with little effort.
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
2 frozen buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cup milk
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley — if desired
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8×4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In 8- or 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender; stir in spinach, and cook until starting to wilt. Remove from heat.
3. On microwavable plate, microwave biscuits uncovered on Medium-Low (30%) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until thawed. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces; place in pan. (Frozen biscuits may be thawed on a plate at room temperature 30 to 45 minutes.)
4. In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk and pepper with whisk until blended. Stir in bacon, spinach mixture and 1/4 cup of the cheese. Pour mixture over biscuits in pan, stirring slightly to evenly distribute.
5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is set. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese; bake 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley before serving.