Here’s another make ahead breakfast casserole for you to try. If you like your casseroles a little bit on the custardy side, increase the number of eggs to 8.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
6 extra large eggs
10 slices French bread, 1 inch thick, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
Powdered sugar, if desired
Blueberry or maple syrup, if desired
1. Generously grease 2 1/2-quart casserole or rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches.
2. In a large bowl, beat the flour, milk, sugar, vanilla, salt and eggs in large bowl with hand beater until smooth. Stir in bread cubes until coated.
3. Pour the bread mixture into the prepared casserole. Top evenly with the cream cheese and blueberries.
4. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours.
5. When ready to bake, remove the casserole to the counter top half an hour ahead.
6. Heat oven to 400°F. Uncover and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
7. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with syrup.