Half a recipe of my White Wheat Refrigerator Rolls will make a 9×13″ pan of these breakfast treats.
1/2 recipe White Wheat Refrigerator Rolls
8 oz Neufchatel cream cheese, softened, divided
1/2 cup blueberry jam or preserves
1/2 cup blueberries
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp heavy cream, more or less
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Lightly grease or spray a 9×13″ baking dish.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 12″ x 18″ rectangle.
3. Spread the dough evenly with 6 oz of the softened cream cheese, stopping 1 inch short of one of the long sides. Spread the blueberry preserves evenly over the cream cheese, then sprinkle on the blueberries.
4. Starting with the covered long side, roll the dough tightly towards the uncovered inch on the opposite long side. Pull that uncovered dough up over the roll and pinch to seal. (Pulling the uncovered dough up and over helps to keep the filling in.)
5. With a serrated knife, slice the dough into 1″ sections and arrange in the baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the cream cheese icing. In a medium bowl, beat the remaining 2 oz of cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla, then add the cream a little at a time until you reach the desired consistency. The icing should be just thin enough to dollop onto the rolls.
7. Spread the icing onto the rolls and serve warm.
8. If you would like to freeze some of the rolls, do so unfrosted. I freeze separate little mounds of the icing to top each warmed roll.
Oven Temperature: 400°F