1/4 cup coconut oil or softened butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 extra large egg, slightly beaten
1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 1/4 cup white whole-wheat flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper liners, or grease bottoms only.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the butter and brown sugar, then add the egg and sour cream.
3. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, then gently fold in the blueberries.
4. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together just until the flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Do not over mix.
5. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan immediately and cool on a wire rack.
Oven Temperature: 400°F