Breakfast or dessert, Blueberry Turnovers are an easily prepared delight. Other fruits will work as well.
1/2 17.5 oz package frozen puff pastry sheets (1 sheet)
1 cup blueberries, preferably fresh
1 large egg
1 tsp raw sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. heavy cream or milk
1. Thaw puff pastry according to package directions. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a square, pressing smooth the creases. Cut the pastry across the center in both directions to form four squares.
2. Mound 1/4 cup of berries on each pastry square.
3. Whisk together the egg and 1 tsp water, then brush some of the egg wash along each edge of the pastry squares.
4. Fold the pastry up over the berries to form a triangle. Press the edges firmly together to seal and brush more egg wash over the top of each turnover, then sprinkle the tops with sugar. Place on a baking sheet.
5. Chill the turnovers in the freezer for 10 minutes while pre-heating the oven to 400°.
6. Bake the turnovers for 15 minutes or until golden brown and flaky.
7. While the turnovers are cooling, stir together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream until smooth, adding a little more cream if needed.
8. Drizzle the tops of the turnovers with the icing when they are no longer hot, but just warm, and serve.