Add bacon, ham or sausage? It’s your choice. Hash Brown Breakfast Pie is full of flavor no matter which option you choose.
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp kosher salt, divided
3/4 tsp black pepper, divided
1 20 oz package refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
5 oz shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
1 tsp butter
4 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
6 extra large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly coat a 10″ deep dish pie pan with non-stick spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper. Toss in the shredded hash browns and 1/2 cup of the shredded Parmesan cheese, mixing well.
3. Spread the potatoes in the prepared pie pan, pressing into the bottom and up the sides to form a crust.
4. Bake the crust for 15 minutes or until just beginning to brown on the edges. Remove from the oven and immediately press the crust with a flat bottomed glass or measuring cup to firm it.
5. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt the 1 tsp of butter. Add about 2/3 of the green onions and the red bell pepper. Saute briefly to soften. Set aside until the potato crust is ready, then sprinkle over the bottom of the crust.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and cream. Stir in the remaining 1/2 tsp salt, I/4 tsp pepper and Parmesan cheese. Gently pour the egg mixture into the crust. Sprinkle the rest of the sliced green onions over the top.
7. Cover the Breakfast Pie with foil and bake 40 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for another 20 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the top is golden.
8. Let stand a few minutes before cutting.