Two of summer’s fresh favorites combine to make these fabulous muffins, good for breakfast or snacks.
1/4 cup coconut oil, or softened butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 extra large egg, slightly beaten
1 cup light sour cream
1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 medium fresh peach, peeled and diced
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 400*. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper liners, or grease bottoms only.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the coconut oil and brown sugar, then add the egg and sour cream. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, then fold in the blueberries.
4. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together until most of the flour is moistened, then gently fold in the peaches. The batter should be lumpy. Do not over-mix.
5. In a cup, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon, mixing evenly. Set aside.
6. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups and sprinkle the tops with half of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
7. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
8. While the muffins are baking, mix together the remaining cinnamon sugar and softened butter. Use as a spread for serving.