This power packed breakfast has everything you need to get your day off to a great start. I top mine off with fat free Greek yogurt, but milk of any kind would be fine. Make more than you need for one day and zap it in the microwave the next.
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup quinoa, uncooked
1 cup water
1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking), uncooked
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins
1 Tbsp honey
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and add the walnuts. Cook and stir the nuts until fragrant.
2. In a wire strainer, rinse and drain the quinoa, then add to the pan along with the water. Bring to a boil, then stir, cover, and reduce the heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the oats and cinnamon, and simmer, covered, for another 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the raisins and again simmer, covered, for 5 more minutes.
5. Stir in the honey and serve.