Try substituting cooked bacon or diced ham for the sausage.
1 pound bulk pork breakfast sausage
1 8 oz can refrigerated crescent rolls
4 oz mozzarella, cut into small dice
1/3 cup sliced green onions
4 extra large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk, 2% low fat
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to personal preference)
1. Preheat the oven to 425°.
2. In a large skillet, brown the sausage, stirring until it crumbles. With a slotted spoon, remove the sausage to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
3. In a 9×13″ baking dish, unroll the crescent rolls and lightly press to the edges, pinching the seams together.
4. Sprinkle the sausage, cheese, and green onions over the dough.
5. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, mixing well. Gently pour the egg mixture over the sausage layer.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.