For the original flavor this recipe should be grilled on a flat-top cast iron griddle. We like warmed pita bread on the side.
1/2 recipe Greek Lemon Dressing
1 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size strips
1 medium Vidalia onion, sliced stem to root
1/2 medium green bell pepper, sliced 1/3″ thick
1/2 medium red bell pepper, sliced 1/3″ thick
2 cups baby spinach leaves
2 cups red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
1/4 cup sliced English cucumbers
1/2 cup fresh tomato, chopped
8 large black olives
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
4 Tbsp My Buttermilk Dressing
1. Divide the Greek Lemon Dressing between two zip-top plastic bags. Add the chicken strips to one bag and the onions and peppers to the other. Shake well to insure even coverage, then press out as much air as possible. Refrigerate for several hours, then allow to sit at room temperature while preparing the grill.
2. In a charcoal grill, build a two zone fire by placing all the coals on one side of the grill. Use only half as much charcoal as for a full fire. Preheat a flat-top cast iron griddle on top of the cooking grate in the closed grill with half of the griddle over the hot coals.
3. Divide the spinach and lettuce between two large plates. Top with the remaining cold veggies and refrigerate while grilling the chicken, onions and peppers.
4. When the griddle is hot, cook the onions and peppers on the hot side until barely tender. Move to the cooler side of the griddle.
5. Grill the chicken strips on the now empty hot side for just a minute, then turn. Grill for just a minute or so more, until cooked through. Do not over cook.
6. Divide the grilled ingredients between the two salad plates, Top with the Feta and dressing and serve immediately.