Super easy, I serve this with a House Salad and Italian style whole grain bread.
6 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli flowerets
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbs butter
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2″ pieces
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 can cream of mushroom soup, condensed
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare penne according to pkg. directions in 3-qt. saucepan. Drain well.
2. Steam broccoli in a covered microwave safe dish or steaming bag for 4 minutes. Wait one minute then uncover and set aside.
3. Heat butter and olive oil in a 10″ skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, sprinkled with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and cook until browned, stirring often.
4. Remove chicken from pan and add onion. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, then ad garlic, cook 1 minute more and add mushrooms. Cook and stir until veggies are tender-crisp. Return chicken to pan.
5. Stir soup, milk, cheese, black pepper and penne into skillet. Cook until mixture is hot and bubbling, stirring occasionally. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.