If you prefer, you may use store bought Italian pork sausage in this recipe.
1 24 oz jar tomato basil pasta sauce
8 oz tomato sauce
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb ground chicken breast
1/2 cup onions, diced
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 recipe Italian sausage seasoning
2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
3 cups fresh baby spinach
18 jumbo pasta shells (6 oz)
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat 2-quart baking dish with spray. Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to boil for the pasta.
2. Combine the pasta sauce, tomato sauce, and fresh basil. Set aside.
3. Combine the ricotta and Parmesan cheese and set aside.
4. Preheat a large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Place oil in the pan, then add ground chicken, onions and garlic. Season with Italian sausage seasoning. Brown on medium heat until no pink remains.
5. Stir one-half of the pasta sauce into sausage; cook and stir 2–3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove pan from heat; stir in parsley and spinach.
6. Cook shells according to package directions, then drain.
7. Spread a small amount of the pasta sauce into the baking dish.
8. Divide the Cheese among the shells, forming it into the shape of the shell. Spoon sausage mixture into each shell and arrange in baking dish. Pour remaining pasta sauce over shells; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
9. Cover dish with foil; bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce bubbles around edges, then uncover and allow the topping to brown to your liking. Serve