I usually steam and shock some fresh broccoli to round out this quick main dish. Substitute the broccoli for the chicken and you’ll have a meatless meal or side dish.
8 oz fettuccine, uncooked
2 tsp canola oil
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 1/2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
4 ounces Neufchatel cheese
1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Cook the pasta as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile, heat large non stick skillet filmed with canola oil on medium-high heat.
3. Add the chicken and cook 5 to 7 min. or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
4. In the same skillet, stir the flour into the drippings and cook, stirring very frequently, for 2 minutes. Whisk in the broth.
5. Stir in the Neufchatel cheese, 2 Tbsp. of the Parmesan cheese, the garlic powder and pepper and cook 2 min., stirring constantly with wire whisk until the mixture boils and thickens.
6. Stir in the chicken, and broccoli if using.
7. Drain the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water, and place in large serving bowl.
8. Pour chicken mixture over pasta and toss to coat. If needed, adjust the sauce with a little of the reserved pasta water. The mixture will thicken as it cools.
9. Sprinkle each serving with some of the remaining 2 Tbsp. of Parmesan cheese.