These flavorful chicken patties do double duty. Pan fry them and make a Simple Pan Sauce or grill them for chicken burgers. Hint: Start cooking while they are frozen and only turn them once. They will be less likely to fall apart.
1/2 cup diced onions
1/2 cup diced green, red, and yellow bell pepper (use a mixture of all three peppers for best color contrast)
1/2 cup diced celery
1 tsp olive oil
2 lbs ground chicken
1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbs chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tsp Greek seasoning
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350° if you plan to bake.
2. Sauté onion, red and green bell pepper, and celery in hot oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Stir together ground chicken, next 8 ingredients, and sautéed vegetables in a large bowl just until combined.
4. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions, form into patties, and chill at least 30 minutes.
5. Croquettes can be pan fried in a non-stick skillet or baked at 350°. Grill for burgers.
Toppings: sliced cucumber, sliced tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese, plain yogurt, kalamata olives, lettuce leaves