Make a perfectly juicy rotisserie style chicken in your electric pressure cooker.
1 Tbsp kosher salt
2 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp dried thyme
1 dash cayenne pepper
1 whole chicken
1 lemon, cut in half
1 onion, quartered
1. In a small bowl or glass jar, combine all the dry seasoning ingredients, mixing well.
2. Place a trivet in a 6 quart pressure cooker and pour in 1 cup water.
3. Place the cut lemon and onion inside the the cavity of the chicken and place chicken on the trivet. Sprinkle about 1 Tbsp of seasoning evenly over the chicken. Reserve the remaining seasoning for future use.
4. Place lid on pressure cooker and be sure valve is turned to sealed. Set on high pressure for 6 minutes per pound of chicken.
5. Once cooking time is finished, allow pressure to release naturally for at least 10 minutes, preferably closer to 20 minutes. Finish with a quick release.