Spicy Rojo ( Red Chili) Sauce gives this recipe for Chicken Enchiladas quite a bit of heat. If your spice tolerance is on the low side, just substitute a 10 oz. can of mild enchilada sauce and eliminate the broth. This amount of sauce could easily cover double the number of enchiladas to serve four.
Do not try to assemble the dish ahead of time. The corn tortillas will turn to mush!
1 cup Rojo Sauce
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 tsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup shredded cooked chicken
4 6 inch corn tortillas
2 oz shredded Mexican blend or Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly coat a small baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, combine the Rojo sauce, sour cream, broth, and cilantro.
3. Stir 1/4 cup of the sauce mixture into the chicken. Pour 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture into the bottom of the baking dish,
4. Divide the chicken evenly between the tortillas, gently roll, and place seam side down in the baking dish.
5. Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas, covering all of the tortillas.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Sprinkle on the shredded cheese and bake 15 minutes longer.