Grilled chicken breast and shrimp topped with a mushroom and cheese sauce, this dish was inspired by a local Mexican restaurant. They served theirs with rice and grilled vegetables. If you do not use my Cream of …Soup Mix, you can substitute a can of cream of chicken soup and omit the chicken broth.
1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half
1 1/2 tsp adobo seasoning, divided
4 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 Tbsp butter
2 oz mushrooms, finely diced
1/3 cup Cream of …Soup Mix
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup water
2 oz Monterey jack cheese, shredded
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp butter
1. Carefully slice the chicken breast in half horizontally. Place between two sheets of plastic wrap that have been sprinkled with a little water and pound to an even thickness. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, then season on both sides, using 1/2 tsp of the adobo seasoning. Set aside.
2. Season the shrimp with another 1/2 tsp of adobo, toss to coat, and set aside while you make the sauce.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt 1Tbsp of butter and saute the minced mushrooms until soft. Season with the remaining 1/2 tsp of adobo,
4. In a small bowl, combine the Cream of …Soup Mix, broth, and water until smooth. Stir this mixture into the mushrooms and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce is just beginning to thicken. Add the cheese and stir to melt. Remove the sauce from the heat and cover to keep warm.
5. In a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat, melt the olive oil and 2 tsp butter. Quickly sear the chicken to a golden brown on both sides. Remove to serving dishes and keep warm.
6. Add the shrimp to the same skillet and cook until pink and opaque, turning once. Do not over cook. Remove to the serving dishes with the chicken.
7. Drizzle the chicken and shrimp with the mushroom cheese sauce and serve immediately.