These Quick Chicken and Cheese Ravioli may be made with either roasted or poached chicken. If you have the time, let poached chicken cool completely in the broth for maximum flavor and moistness.
1 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken
2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, (2 oz)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 extra large egg
1 extra large egg yolk
2 12 oz package wonton wrappers
1. Mince the cooked chicken as finely as possible and place in a large bowl.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients except the wonton wrappers and mix until thoroughly combined.
3. To form the ravioli: Place a wonton wrapper, or a row of wrappers, on a work surface that has been very lightly dusted with flour. Keep the unused wrappers covered with a damp paper towel. Place a rounded teaspoon of the filling in the center of each square. Avoid the temptation to over fill the ravioli. Moisten the edges of the wrapper with water and top with a second square. Firmly press the two wrappers together, starting next to the filling and working out any trapped air. Air in the ravioli can cause them to open while cooking. Arrange the formed ravioli in a single layer on a plastic wrap lined sheet tray that has been lightly dusted with flour. More flour dusted plastic wrap can be added between additional layers.
4. To cook the ravioli: Bring a large, wide pot of heavily salted water to a gentle boil. Carefully drop 3 or 4 ravioli into the water and wait for them to float to the top. When the ravioli have surfaced, continue to cook another 3 minutes, turning occasionally. With a slotted spoon or spider, remove the ravioli to a skillet containing the sauce of your choice and keep warm until all have been cooked.
5. If desired, top the ravioli with a little extra Parmesan cheese before serving.
Yield: 48 ravioli