The first time I made this flavorful chicken it was inspired by a bottled sauce that was demonstrated at one of the warehouse club stores. That sauce is expensive and hard to find in the regular grocery stores, so I de-constructed it. Here is my simple version.
1/3 cup raspberry jam
1 small chipotle chili in adobo sauce, minced
2 tsp ghee, or 1 tsp each butter and oil
2 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup chicken broth
1. In a small bowl, mash together the raspberry jam and chipotle pepper until smooth (you may need to thin it with just a little water). Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°. In an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat, melt the ghee.
3. Season the chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper. Place the chicken, presentation side down, in the hot skillet and sear until nicely browned, about 3 minutes. Turn the chicken over and brush liberally with some of the raspberry mixture.
4. Transfer the skillet to the hot oven. Bake 10 minutes, then brush on some more sauce. After another 10 minutes brush the chicken with still more sauce, then remove to a plate and tent with foil.
5. Return the skillet to the stove top. Over medium high heat, deglaze the skillet with the chicken broth, stirring up all the browned bits. Add any remaining raspberry mixture and cook, stirring frequently, to reduce to a sauce.
6. Spoon the sauce over the chicken breasts to serve.