Chicken breasts take on a special air with this surprisingly easy topping. We like ours extra cheesy and serve this chicken over Another Brown Rice Pilaf.
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
3 cups fresh baby spinach
8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
3 green onions, sliced
2 Tbs chopped pecans
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
1/2 tsp rotisserie chicken seasoning
4 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
1. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and pecans in oil until mushrooms are tender. Toss in the spinach until it begins to wilt. Turn off the heat and cover to keep warm.
2. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning. Let it stand at room temperature while you prepare the grill.
3. In a charcoal grill, build a two zone fire with all the coals pushed to one side. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
4. Grill chicken, covered, over direct heat for 2 minutes on each side. Move the chicken to the cool, indirect side and grill, covered, for 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165°.
5. Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
6. To serve, top each chicken breast with reserved spinach mixture.