No leftover cornbread dressing? Use bread stuffing dolloped on top or spread mashed potatoes on top. Make this with roasted chicken leftovers anytime. It’s not just for Thanksgiving leftovers.
1 tsp butter
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup carrot, thinly sliced
1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp poultry seasoning
1 1/3 cup turkey gravy
2/3 cup turkey broth, divided use
1/2 cup potatoes, cut in 1/2″ cubes
1 cup roasted turkey breast, cubed
1/3 cup frozen peas, defrosted
1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
2 cups cornbread dressing
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a glass loaf pan with non-stick spray.
2. In a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat, melt together the butter and olive oil; add onions, carrots, and celery. Saute, stirring frequently until softened and slightly browned. Season with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning, stir in the gravy and 1/3 cup broth. Reduce heat to low.
3. In a small saucepan over medium high heat, cover the diced potatoes with cold water by 2 inches and add 1 tsp kosher salt. Bring to a boil and cook until just tender; drain well.
4. Add the potatoes, turkey, peas, and corn to the skillet and stir gently to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
5. In the now empty skillet over medium heat, break up the cornbread dressing and combine it with the remaining broth. When warmed through, remove from heat and spread over the filling in the loaf pan. On a foil lined baking sheet, bake the pot pie uncovered for 30 minutes, or until the topping is set and lightly browned and the filling is bubbling.