The hardest part of this recipe is dividing the dough into 24 even pieces, but I have a plan. Read on!
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup apples, peeled and diced 1/4″
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla
1. In a small bowl, beat together the flour, butter and cream cheese.
2. Form the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate 1 hour.
3. In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 of the apples with the sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt, and 1 Tbsp of water. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and cook 10 minutes.
4. Add the remaining apples and cook, stirring frequently, until the second addition of apples just begin to soften. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla
5. Preheat the oven to 400°.
6. To divide the dough into 24 equal pieces cut the disk of dough into half, then quarters. Cut each quarter into thirds. Lay each third on its side and cut in half lengthwise.
7. Roll into 1″ balls.
8. Press each ball into the wells of a mini muffin tin, forming cups.
9. Pour the hot apple mixture, 1 Tbsp at a time, into the cups.
10. Bake in 400° oven for 12-15 minutes until the edges are just beginning to lightly brown.