Galettes are an open faced fruit tart. If desired, mix any leftover powdered sugar with a little more and a teaspoon or so of milk to make a glaze to drizzle over the top.
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz cold butter, cubed (2 sticks)
8 oz cold cream cheese, cut into pieces
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
4 cups blueberries, preferably fresh
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and salt. Cut in the butter and cream cheese with a pastry blender or use two knives in a crossing motion.
2. Sprinkle in the lemon juice and gather the dough into a ball.
3. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate 90 minutes or overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 425°,
5. Divide the dough in half, then into quarters, and so on to make 16 pieces.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece of dough into a 5 inch round,
7. Mound 1/4 cup of the blueberries in the center of each round and sprinkle with about 1/2 tsp. powdered sugar.
8. Pleat the edges of the dough up over the blueberries and pinch together, leaving an open top.
9. Place the gallettes on baking sheets, leaving an inch or two of space between them.
10. Chill 20 minutes in the freezer before baking.
11. Bake 25 or 30 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
12. Cool slightly before serving or refrigerate to serve cold.