Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream with Magical Ice Cream Topping
Save the egg whites for another use, like baking a cake to go with your Ice Cream.
1 cup sugar
5 egg yolks
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup fresh fruit puree (about 1 pint pureed in food processor or blender to make 1 cup)
1. In a bowl or large glass measuring cup, whisk together the cream, milk, and egg yolks.
2. In a medium saucepan, gradually whisk the cream mixture into the sugar.
3. Stirring constantly over medium heat, bring the custard mixture to 180°.
4. Pour the custard into a glass bowl; stir in the vanilla & fruit. Carefully nest the bowl into an ice bath to cool, stirring frequently. Refrigerate the mixture to 40°.
5. Freeze in an ice cream machine 25 to 30 min. until soft serve, then transfer to a freezer container and freeze to set.