This easy candy makes a striking addition to any platter of holiday goodies.
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk, divided
1 cup white baking chips
3 tsp peppermint extract
3 drops green food coloring
1. Butter an 8×8″ dish and line with wax paper.
2. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the bittersweet chocolate chips with 3/4 cup of the condensed milk, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth.
3. Spread half the melted chocolate in the dish. Chill for 5 minutes to set.
4. In another small bowl, microwave the white chips and the remaining condensed milk, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth. Stir in the peppermint extract and food coloring. Spread over the chocolate layer and refrigerate until set.
5. Reheat the remaining bittersweet chocolate, stirring until smooth. Spread evenly over the green layer and refrigerate until set.
6. Remove from the pan and cut into 1″ pieces.