Maple Walnut Bites can also be baked in a foil lined 9 inch baking dish for 35-40 minutes and cut into bars when cool.
1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
2 extra large eggs
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp maple extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups white baking morsels
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Spray mini muffin tins with non-stick baking spray, such as Baker’s Joy.
2. In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the baking powder, salt, eggs, syrup, and extracts, beating well.
3. Gradually add the flour, beating at low speed until just combined. Do not over beat. Stir in the morsels and nuts.
4. Portion the batter into the prepared mini muffin tins, filling each cup no more than half way. Bake 15 minutes, or until golden and the center is set.
5. Allow to cool slightly in the pan before removing the bites to a wire rack. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.