While fresh is always best, canned sliced peaches, drained, may be substituted in this recipe. Stay away from frozen ones though.
1 recipe Slice and Bake Butter Cookies, divided
1 cup peach jam or preserves
3 large peaches, peeled and diced
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9×13″ baking dish.
2. Press 2/3 of the cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the baking dish.
3. Bake 15 – 20 minutes, or just until firm.
4. Remove the crust from the oven and spread with the preserves. Layer on the diced peaches. Tear the remaining cookie dough into small pieces and scatter evenly across the top.
5. Bake an additional 45 minutes, or until the top is evenly browned.