Deceptively healthy, as far as desserts go, this recipe takes advantage of fresh peaches while in season. However, feel free to substitute frozen fruit any time of the year.
4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
1 cup raspberries
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter,melted
vanilla ice cream, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 375º.
2. Place the fruit in an 11×7″ (or 2 qt) baking dish.
3. Stir the egg, egg yolk, and dry ingredients together with a fork until fully mixed and crumbly. Sprinkle over the fruit and drizzle with the melted butter.
4. Bake 40 – 45 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly.
5. Let stand 10 minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream.