Fresh peaches are a must for this summer time treat, but that makes it all the more special!
For the Crust:
8 oz vanilla wafers
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Batter:
2 cups Fresh Ricotta Cheese
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 cup light sour cream
2 tsp peach schnapps
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 extra large eggs
For the Topping:
2 Tbsp peach preserves
1 Tbsp peach schnapps
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
3 medium peaches, peeled and cut into 1/2″ slices
1. For the Crust:
2. Preheat the oven to 375°. Lightly mist an 8″ spring form pan with cooking spray.
3. In a food processor, pulse the vanilla wafers along with the brown sugar and salt to form fine crumbs. With the processor running on low, drizzle in the melted butter.
4. When the butter is incorporated into the crumbs, empty the crumbs into the prepared spring form pan and press firmly into the bottom and 1″ up the sides to form a crust.
5. Bake the crust for 12 minutes or until set and lightly browned along the edges.
6. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°.
7. For the Cheesecake Batter:
8. Rinse and dry the food processor bowl. Process the ricotta until smooth and creamy.
9. Add the brown sugar and flour and process until well blended, then add the remaining ingredients and continue to process until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan.
10. Bake for 55 min to 1 hr 15 min, or until the center is just set. Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake set, with the door just slightly ajar, for 30 min.
11. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
12. For the Topping:
13. Place the peach preserves in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high 30 seconds on high or until bubbly. stir in the schnapps and lemon juice. Add the peach wedges and toss to combine. Arrange the peach wedges over the cheesecake.
14. Chill before serving.