This recipe originally called for confectioner’s coating, but I use bittersweet chocolate chips. After all the Peanut Butter Butter Balls are dipped I stir nuts or raisins into the leftover chocolate until coated and drop by the teaspoon full onto waxed paper. No waste candies!
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 Tbsp butter, softened
1 pound confectioner’s coating
1. Stir together powdered sugar, peanut butter and butter until well mixed.
2. Shape peanut butter mixture into 1 inch balls, placing them on a baking sheet covered with waxed paper. Let
balls stand for 20 minutes until dry.
3. Melt the dipping chocolate or confectioners’ coating.
4. Drop balls one at a time in melted chocolate.Using a fork, remove from the chocolate, letting excess chocolate
5. Place back on the waxed paper. Let stand until dry.
6. Store tightly covered in a cool dry place.