Inspired by Maine lobster rolls, Bay Scallop Salad can be served on a bun, atop a big House Salad, or in an avocado half. It is delicious any way you decide.
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp dried parsley, crushed
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1 stalk celery, diced
1 medium green onion, sliced
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic salt, and crushed parsley flakes.
2. Preheat the broiler. On a broiler safe pan, arrange the scallops in a single layer and brush with half the garlic butter.
3. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 3 minutes.
4. Turn the scallops and brush with the remaining garlic butter.
5. Broil another 3 minutes, or until just opaque. Do not over cook or the scallops will be rubbery.
6. Allow to cool.
7. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the mayo, celery, and green onion.
8. Gently stir in the cooled scallops and refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving as desired.