A special seafood dinner, just for two.
1/2 cup Italian- seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, (in a jar)
1 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
8 oz sea scallops
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp Cook’s Illustrated Ghee, or 1 Tbsp each olive oil and butter
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup half and half, or cream
4 oz fettucine
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
1. Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and Cajun seasoning in a shallow dish.
2. Dip each scallop into the heavy cream to coat then dip both sides of the scallop in bread crumbs, pressing to coat.
3. Place the breaded scallop on a plate and repeat with the remaining scallops.
4. In a large skillet, heat the ghee until very hot. Add the scallops and sear until golden on both ides. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
5. Deglaze the skillet by adding the broth, bringing to a boil, and stirring with a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits. Gradually stri in the half and half. Cook until the sauce is slightly thickened.
6. Meanwile, cook the fettucini in boiling salted water. Reserve some of the pasta water, then drain the fettucini and toss with the sauce.
7. Correct the thickness of the sauced pasta to your liking using the reserved pasta water.
8. Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl or platter and top with the scallops. Garnish with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.