If you don’t have nonfat dry milk on hand, just replace a portion of the chicken broth with lowfat milk. If the scallops are very large you may want to halve or quarter them.
2/3 cup nonfat dry milk
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
14 1/2 oz fat-free chicken broth
1 Tbs olive oil
3 small celery stalk, sliced 1/4″ thick
1/2 small chopped onion
1 medium carrot, sliced 1/8″ thick
2/3 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 fresh tomato, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup dry white wine
8 oz large scallops
8 oz large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. Blend dry milk, Cajun seasoning, and cornstarch. Gradually add chicken broth, stirring till smooth.
2. Heat large non-stick skillet on medium heat, then add 1 T olive oil. Stir fry veggies, adding in order, till tender-crisp. Remove to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
3. Add wine to same skillet and stir to deglaze. Add shrimp and scallops. Cook, turning gently, till shrimp are just pink and scallops just opaque. Do not over cook. Return veggies to skillet with any accumulated juices. Reduce heat to low.
4. Stir sauce ingredients again to eliminate any lumps. Add to skillet and stir until thickened and translucent. Do not boil.
5. Serve over hot cooked brown rice.