You could serve these scallops over pasta, rice or grits, but perhaps my favorite is served along side Vegetable Risotto.
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp Emeril’s Essence
1 lb sea scallops, whole
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup half and half
2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
1. Bring a large pan of water to a boil, and salt to taste.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and Essence. Working one at a time, dredge scallops in the flour, turning to coat both sides. Tap off excess flour.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and butter until very hot but not smoking. Add scallops and sear until golden on both sides. Transfer the scallops to a plate and keep warm.
4. Deglaze the skillet by adding the broth and cream, and bring to a boil, stirring with a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened.
5. Meanwhile, cook fetuccini in boiling water to desired doneness. Drain in a colander then toss with the sauce.
6. Transfer to a serving platter and top with scallops. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.