A Cajun favorite of shrimp, chicken, sausage and rice.
8 oz shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
6 oz chicken, cut in bite sized pieces
1 Tbsp Creole seasoning
2 Tbsp olive oil
5 oz andouille sausages, sliced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
3 bay leaves
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp hot sauce
1 cup raw brown rice
3 cups chicken stock
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1. In a bowl combine the shrimp, chicken and Creole seasoning. Stir well and set aside.
2. In a large pot heat the oil over medium-high heat, add the sliced sausage and lightly brown on both sides. With a slotted spoon, remove the sausage to a plate and set aside. Do not eat.
3. Add the onion, green pepper, and celery to the drippings in the pot. Cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, Worcestershire and hot sauce. Stir in the rice and add the broth. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook until the rice absorbs the liquid and becomes tender, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes.
5. When the rice is just tender add the shrimp and chicken mixture along with the sausage. Cook until the chicken is done, about 10 minutes more, adding more broth if needed. Season to taste with salt, pepper and more Creole seasoning before serving.