1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp Emeril’s Essence
1 lb sea scallops, whole
2 Tbs olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup half and half
8 oz fettucine
2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. In a small bowl, wisk together the flour and Essence. Working one at a time, dredge the scallops in the flour, turning to coat both sides. Tap off excess flour.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil until it is very hot but not smoking. Add the scallops and sear until golden on both sides. Transfer the scallops to a plate and keep warm.
4. Deglaze the skillet; add the broth and cream, and bring to a boil, stirring with a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits. Cook until the sauce is slightly thickened.
5. Meanwhile, cook the fettucini in the boiling water until just al dente. Drain in a collander and toss together with the sauce.
6. Transfer to a serving platter and top with the scallops. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.