If you make it ahead and freeze it, this is a very fast meal on a night you don’t feel like cooking! This recipe makes a lot, so freeze half and bake half when you make it. It is good served with sour cream and salad.
2 cups elbow macaroni, dry
2 Tablespoons oil
1 cup onion — chopped
1 cup green pepper, chopped
1 cup celery, sliced
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 1 1/4 oz pk taco seasoning mix
1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 15-oz can red kidney beans, undrained
1 16-oz can tomato sauce
1 16-oz can diced tomatoes
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain and rinse in cold water, set aside.
2. In a large skillet, saute onion, pepper, celery and garlic in oil until softened. Stir in taco seasoning,
beans, tomatoes and tomato sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in cooked noodles.
4. Spread mixture in a 9 x 13 pan. (or, freeze half for later.)
5. Bake, uncovered at 375 for 45 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake five more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serving Size: 6